13 Apr MY SIX ESSENTIALS FOR A HAPPY LIFE
Every Wednesday on my Instagram stories I featured a Women Crush Wednesday to thank and share the women that inspire me everyday. I’m starting a NEW series on my blog that I’m calling “6 Essentials For A Happy Life!” Every week I’ll be featuring someone that inspires me and asking them to share 6 things that make their lives better, happier or can’t live without!
I’m Sabrina, 28 (soon to be 29) and I live downtown with my husband Taylor and cat Storm. I once had a “fashion” and lifestyle blog about 3 years ago and had a total of about 7 posts, most of which were recipes. I’m passionate about food, I love to cook, bake and most of all I love to eat! I’m an open book, I wear my heart on my sleeve and baking is the way I show my love. Here are my 6 essentials!
1. I am obsessed with coffee and have at least 3 cups a day. I always start my mornings off with a cup of drip coffee (I get my beans from the St. Lawrence Market) and then mid-day I usually treat myself to an almond milk latte. And then enjoy a mocha or decaf in the evening. My favourite coffeeshops in the city are Neo, Sorry and Hailed coffee.
2. If you know me, you can guess my favourite colour is Pink. I eat, sleep and breathe pink, there is no such thing as too much, just ask Joelle! It can act as the perfect neutral or the perfect pop of colour. My husband has officially banned me from bringing anymore pink things into the house.. but I sneak them in anyway..
3. Okay you guys, I don’t know where this addiction came from or when it started BUT you knowww you can always count on me to carry these Excel mints. It’s seriously my crack. I don’t even buy them in bulk because Costco doesn’t sell this light blue version (tear).
4. I LOVE shoes. Especially flats. I’m all about comfort and while I have a closet full of heels, my first pick are always a comfy pair of flats. These are my favourites at the moment these, these, these, these and these!
5. Nail polish/Shellac. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t have nail polish on or shellac.. well, actually I lie. When I was in school for dental hygiene 6 years ago, we were never allow to wear coloured polish but I was always sneaky and ALWAYS put on a thin coat of clear polish. I know it’s probably not healthy but seriously, I can’t stop. For the last year, I’ve only worn shellac, my favourite shades are nudes, blushes and pinks. My go-to shades are Romantique, Naked Naivete and Beau.
6. Laughter. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded and kind people. People that support you, lift you up and make you laugh until your belly aches.