17 Nov FAVOURITE COOKBOOKS FOR EVERY BAKER
It’s no surprise that I love cookbooks and baking books.,. and all books in general. I have to say, I think I may have a problem. I know there are websites and blogs that offer beautiful and delicious recipes but there’s nothing like owning a physical book that you can display and use as reference for whatever the occasion may be!
Here are my top 9 cookbooks I think you should own.
1. 3 Times a Day by Marilou Champagne – I was just sent Marilou’s second book Three Times a Day: Simple and Stylish and I have to say that the hype is real. I’ve been following Marilou for as long as I can remember, her recipes have always looked so delicious and I honestly can’t (but can) believe that it’s just her and her husband running the show. I recently made her Ricotta Waffles with a Brown Sugar Yogurt for breakfast and I have to say.. it was unreal. It was also SO SO SO easy with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
2. Layered by Tessa Huff – Tessa’s bake book is so pretty it makes me want to cry. All her cakes are gorgeous and the flavours that she comes up with are so interesting yet so simple. I’ve made a few cakes from this recipe including her Chocolate Red Wine Cake and Funfetti Birthday Cake. The best part is that you can mix and match the cake and icing for any of the cakes to create your own unique flavour combinations!
3. The First Mess Cookbook by Laura Wright – This cookbook is not only gorgeous and the food looks delicious but it’s also all plant-based!
4. My Sweet Kitchen by Linda Lomelino – My sweet friend, Diala of Diala’s Kitchen gifted me this book. I had seen it at Indigo but have never really looked through it (surprising for me because I always judge a book by it’s cover, haha). I love that Linda incorporates both recipes and staging/styling tips for the average baker. How to up your photography game by doing a few quick tweaks. Definitely Instagram-worthy desserts!
5. Cravings by Chrissy Teigen – There’s a reason why I put this book right front and centre. If you love Chrissy Teigen as much as I do.. I know we will be great friends. At first, I only wanted this book because it was written by Chrissy but then looking through the recipes, this lady can cook! Her food is delicious, not-fussy and John Legend makes an appearance too. There’s also this guy on Instagram @blackchrissyteigen that is cooking his way through Cravings.. I promise you’ll have a good laugh bahaha.
6. Scandinavian Baking by Trine Hahnemann – This is a baking book I wouldn’t normally pick up but I was at Indigo with Taylor one day and he really really really wanted me to get it. We travelled to Copenhagen for our honeymoon three years ago and I still dream about the bread and danishes that I had while there. I haven’t made any danishes from this book yet but the baked goods are unreal.
7. The Four Twenty & Blackbirds Pie Book by Emily Elsen & Melissa Elsen – Yesterday I finally shared my Lattice- Top Apple Pie on the blog.. which by my Instagram you can tell that I was super proud of. I used the pie dough recipe from this book and honestly I will never try another pie dough again. This one is super easy to make and stays moist, doesn’t crumble and bakes to a beautiful flakey crust. NEED.
8. Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi – I’ve heard so many great things about Yotam Ottolenghi and this book just inspires me so much. The photography is stunning and loving the unique recipes. I haven’t baked anything yet and hoping to soon.. until then I’ll continue to look at the photos.
9. Laduree Sucre – Having visited Paris and trying their Pain Perdu and macarons.. I knew I had to have this book. It’s also the cutest mint green and is presented so beautifully. I’ve tried a couple recipes from this book and love love love the chocolate caramels. I’ve also tried my hand at making the famous Laduree macarons but my oven is so finicky.. I’m sure I have the patience. But for anyone who loves classic french baking.. this is the book for you.
What are some of your favourite cook/baking books? Let me know in the comments!